SMOKED BARRAMUNDI, ASPARAGUS & BROCCOLI PASTA WITH GREEN PEA PESTO
September 19, 2022
Ready in 40 minutes, this delicious pasta dish is loaded with healthy green vegetables. Perfect for a special night in or even family pasta night!
Serves: 4 as a main
Prep Time: 20min
Cook Time: 20min
- 12oz good quality dried pasta, such as penne, fusilli or orecchiette
- 1 medium head of broccoli, broken into small florets (approx. 7oz)
- 12 spears asparagus, woody ends removed, chopped into 2in lengths
- 1lb smoked barramundi, flesh flaked into pieces
- ¼ cup toasted pinenuts, for garnish
- Large handful red sorrel leaves, for garnish
- Cracked black pepper
GREEN PEA PESTO:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) green peas
- 1/3 cup finely grated Grana Padano
- ¼ cup toasted pinenuts
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Mix sesame seeds and 2 teaspoons sea salt in a small bowl. Make 3 slashes on each side of the barramundi, then place in an oiled roasting pan. Brush with a little extra oil, then scatter with the sesame salt. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes or until the fish flakes away easily from the bone.
Meanwhile, heat sunflower oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add ginger, garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes until softened slightly, then add soy, vinegar and sesame oil and stir until warmed through. Place fish on a platter, then pour over the hot dressing. Scatter with the spring onion and coriander sprigs, then serve with lime wedges and rice, if desired.