Barramundi Tacos with Avocado Tomato Salad
September 19, 2022
- 1.5lb Infinity Blue Barramundi fillet
- 2 Tablespoons your favourite low-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup whole kernel corn (canned or thawed from frozen)
- 3/4 cup black beans (canned, rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups chopped grape tomatoes
- 4 large avocados, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Taco shells
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped cilantro
Preheat your oven to 400°F and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper and brushing the parchment with a teaspoon or so of olive oil. Combine the taco seasoning and olive oil in a small bowl, mixing until it becomes a paste.
Place the barramundi fillet on the prepared baking sheet and rub with the seasoning/oil mixture until it’s fully coated. Bake the barramundi at 400°F for about 22-25 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork in the middle but is still moist and tender.
For the salad, add the corn and black beans to a large bowl along with the chopped tomatoes, the chunks of avocado, chopped red onion, and minced garlic. Drizzle the lime juice overtop and toss everything together very well. Add the chopped cilantro and toss lightly just to combine. Once the salad is prepared, shred the barramundi lightly with a fork and serve it in taco shells topped with the salad, some shredded cheese and more cilantro.
Recipe adapted from: http://www.aquaculture.ca/recipes-blog/2016/6/30/atlantic-salmon-tacos-with-avocado-tomato-salad