Barramundi & Red Onion Ceviche
September 19, 2022
- 1.5lb barramundi, filleted, skin-off
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 Cucumber (finely chopped)
- ½ Red Onion (finely sliced)
- 1 Baby hot chilli (finely chopped)
- ½ tub of Solanto tomato (finely chopped)
- ½ bunch of Coriander (finely chopped)
- Tortilla chips (optional)
Slice red onion finely and salt generously, leave for 30 minutes, then rinse well.
Slice fillets of fish into strips and then dice into cubes. Place into a small bowl. Add lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir well. Add pepper, diced coriander, chilli, and sliced red onion. Stir well. Cover with plastic wrap and store in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Serve within 2 hours by mixing in diced tomato, cucumber and a drizzle of olive oil. Use a fork to place ceviche on tortilla chips (optional). Salt and pepper to taste.